Monday, July 18, 2011

Oh Emma....

Can anyone tell me why I have the most feisty little one on earth? I've been told that God knew I could handle a baby with a temper like this, so he gave her to me! In that sense, I am thankful my ill-tempered child is not with another family who could otherwise not handle her, but I sometimes dream about what it would be like to have an easy baby. I guess if she wasn't difficult, she wouldn't be our Emma. :)

We had her 6 month check up last week, and as many of you know, we have been begging for an off base referral for the longest time and finally got one! Well, I LOVED the doctor!! He was incredibly awesome and didn't tell me I was doing everything wrong. He respected the things that I wanted to do with Emma that he did not do with his own children. Oh, and he complemented my sewing skills since she was wearing a diaper made by me. :) Anyway, Emma is weighing in at 18lbs, which is the 90th percentile, and she is 26.5 inches long, which is the 70th percentile. She finally hit a growth spurt and grew in length! Thank goodness! She was stuck at 25.5 for like 2 months. Poor girl. Doctor says she may be taller than we originally thought.

Right now, she's got something wrong with her eye? It's not pink eye because her eyeball isn't pink. I'm thinking maybe it's a sty, but she won't let me look close enough! Ughhhhh.

Anyway, she loves the outdoors, so we are enjoying these cooler temperatures we've been having these last two weeks in Northern California! Here she is enjoying herself under the tree in our front yard today.

P.S. Her new favorite thing to do is gnaw on celery. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment