Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Exercise?!?

I think finding time for exercise is one of every mom's biggest challenges. I know it's really hard for me to find time around keeping up with the house, the errands, and a VERY needy baby. I've come to the conclusion that a daily schedule really helps me to establish a routine and keep up with all of the things I need to do. One thing I have done is eliminated the amount of things I do around the house on a daily basis. I am so OCD about the house and have been since I've had my own place, but now that I have a baby, I have learned I can't be as OCD because I just won't get anything else done for me. Exercising is something I want to do for me to improve myself.

One thing I have started doing is jogging. Oh people, let me tell you, after 9 months of pregnancy and a few months of getting back to your normal self again, you are super out of shape. Or at least I AM! I am really starting to work on it now by jogging everyday of the week. I do this in the mornings while the temperature is still pretty good out, and Emma is usually in a good mood in the mornings so she will sit in the jogger. My first goal is a 5k. I'd really like to start doing these regularly. There are several held in the local area, and the base does one every Wednesday morning. I know that a 5k really isn't that long, but I am NOT an avid runner. I don't enjoy it that much, but I know it's good for me! So here is my Jeep brand jogger that I got used for only 40 bucks! It was definitely a good investment.


So, if you're having trouble finding time for exercise, plan it into your day. You are more likely to actually do it if you actually set a time for it. And if you're at Beale, come running with me! I'd love it. Next week, I'll talk about other exercises I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment