Friday, July 8, 2011

Coupons and Peanut Butter

Totally random title, right?
Well, today is about groceries and recipes. Though i don't have any recipes for you this week (I mean, unless you need a recipe for spaghetti or tacos), I do have a few things to share!

I have recently started couponing. When I say I am a couponer, I am NOT an extreme couponing kind of person. I, personally, find people who get things just because they can get them for free WASTEFUL! Since I don't want to be wasteful, I still shop for the same things that I used to, but I go crazy looking for coupons for those items before I shop! I started doing this a couple months ago, and this month will be my third shopping trip using coupons (I only grocery shop once a month, besides bread, etc.). On my first trip, I only saved $25, but I thought that was a good start! Last month, I bumped it up to $45, making my monthly grocery trip only cost $140! This month I'm hoping to make it $55, but I won't shop until the 14th. To some, this may not be impressive, but I feel like it's great since I am being REALISTIC! :) I gather coupons throughout the month from the Sunday paper and various coupon sites online and store them in this handy little thing:
It's not super cute, but it does the trick! It has little dividers so that I can organize them by when they expire or what type of coupon they are. So, take my advice and start clipping coupons. It's fun!

Next, I want to share this deliciously awesome peanut butter I got from the grocery store this week when I was shopping for bread. I have been wanting to eat more "natural" things and slowly adding little things to the cabinet as I go, so when I saw this, I thought well, I'll try it! I didn't mean to get the crunchy kind, darn it, but it's still delicious and a lot less sticky than regular peanut butter. Best part, it's free of hydrogenated oils! So, try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment