Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

That's right! It's my birthday! Don't worry though. I'm not doing anything special. I had to go down and drop off my car this morning because it's leaking oil! What the heck? I mean my car is a 2009! I think I have the worst luck with cars ever. EVER! But the nice thing about it was the dealership has a free shuttle service for vehicles that come in and are still under warranty. So, I didn't have to spend my entire birthday sitting in the waiting area. Instead I'm home with the animals, and we're not doing anything today. :) Sorry, Aaron. No wifely duties on the birthday! Maybe I can get a nice birthday dinner out of him tonight when he gets off because I really don't want to cook today!

What I do want to do though is wait around for the Fed Ex guy who is supposed to be paying me a visit! I can't wait to see what Daddy dearest has up his sleeve! I got my birthday present from Aaron early since he would be working today, and guess what?! He surprised me with a new ring that I've been eyeballing for quite some time! Yay, sometimes he can be so thoughtful. :) It stinks that he has to work late today though! It's only an hour, but still. I just hate not knowing everyday what time he will be home the next day or the next because it's always subject to change. These are the times that I wish he had your everyday 9-5 job, but I truly thank God for the Air Force and that my husband actually has a job. I know so many people who don't have jobs that even have freaking college degrees! It's crazy out there! So it is certainly nice that we have the stability that we have, and healthcare! Thank God for that as well because I know how expensive having a baby can be!

Speaking of: On to some baby news. I am 18 weeks 5 days today, and as excited as I am about January and the gift of life, I just want to say that I don't know how people can truly enjoy being pregnant. I mean maybe my pregnancy just sucks because I am unlucky and have like every symptom in the book, or maybe I just suck at dealing with things. I am a big baby, according to Aaron of course. Because I would never incriminate myself in that way. :) hahah. No really, I am. I don't do well with pain or emotions. Ahhh, poor Aaron. Because I have been an emotional wreck throughout most of this pregnancy thus far! My feelings get hurt about the tiniest thing, and he's like again really?!?! I know it must be getting old by now! I know he must be tired of catering to my food needs as well because even though I don't really get cravings, I have tons of food no no's! The condition, Hyperemesis Gravidarum, that I have is seeming to not bother me as much these days, though that could just be because they gave me a higher dose of the nausea medication! Who knows! Anywho, on to something exciting! I finished my baby registry at Wal Mart, which was a HUGE hassle, but that's a whole nother story. Also, I felt little Emma move for the first time on Sunday night! It was soooo weird. You know the feeling you get when someone taps you? Well, it was like that only I felt it on the inside of my belly of course! It went something like this: tap, tap, tap! Then it was over, and I've been trying to be patient for more taps, but patience is not my strong point people!

Well, I shall enjoy my birthday now. Everyone have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment