Friday, October 5, 2012

Just say NO!

Here lately, I have been looking at my to do list and feeling ultra overwhelmed. Some days, I stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning just to get my homework done because I have had a constant list of things to do all day. Obviously this is not ideal since Elliot is waking up around 3 or 4 to eat, and then we're up for the day around 7 or 730. I know that I need to get more sleep in order to be a healthier person, and in order for that to happen, I really need to learn to say no every now and then.

I constantly put more and more projects on my plate knowing that it will make me up that much later at night, but I have the hardest time saying no! I am trying to lose about 15 pounds, and I know that sleep is a huge part of losing weight, and I definitely do not get enough of it with all of my projects floating around! I have to really start focusing on the end goal I have in mind and that is to get back to where I was in high school as far as weight goes. It kinds of sickens me to think that I am 15 pounds heavier than I was then, but let's face it. I had two babies within 17 months of each other, and Elliot is only 4 months old. I have to stop being so hard on myself about the way I look, but at the same time, I need to start really focusing on myself. At my current weight, I am a size 10, which really isn't bad at all, but I want to be back between a 6 and 8, which is where I was at my thinnest. I don't want to be any smaller than that because I would look sickly at 5'10 and as big boned as I am!

So, here's to a healthier me, learning to say no so that I can get more sleep, and a deep focus on losing weight. I have said several times now that I am going to get serious about losing weight, but I really need to be serious! 15 pounds is not that much, and I CAN do it! If you have any secrets, fill me in! :) And no diet pills! I am breastfeeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment