Sunday, October 7, 2012

C'mon people!

Just a little rant! I am not a genius, and I can admit that. I am an intelligent person, though, and the misuse/misspelling/etc. of words and other grammar mistakes DRIVES ME CRAZY! If I am typing something, and I know I cannot spell the word or even question it, I look it up! Here's a little FYI on the words that drive me the most crazy!

THEN means soon after. I.e. I went shopping, and then I went home.
THAN is a word used after comparative adjectives and adverbs. I.e. She is shorter than I am.

YOUR is possessive. I.e. That is your ball.
YOU'RE means you are. I.e. You're the star of the show!

TO is a preposition. I.e. I am going to the store.
TOO means also. I.e. I am going too!

THERE means in or at a place. I.e. I am going to be there too.
THEIR is possesive. I.e. That is their house.
THEY'RE is a contraction for They are. I.e. They are having a party.

Oh and DEFINITELY is spelled that way <<< There is no A! :)

I feel better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment