Saturday, January 29, 2011

Blogging & Motherhood

Okay, either I'm a terrible blogger or I'm being a great mother instead. I like the latter of the two, of course! I say this because I was supposed to post pictures of our princess like 2 weeks ago, and yeah, well! Being a mom is a little more time consuming than I could have imagined! But I can't complain. Overall, we are blessed with a wonderful baby! Emma sleeps VERY well at night for 2.5 week old. She's sleeping about 4 hours at a time, which is completely fine with me! She, however, doesn't sleep at all during the day, so it's hard for me to get anything done around here at all! (Hence the reason I haven't posted pictures!) We are establishing as much of a routine as we can, and things are calming down around here a lot!

Emma is doing great! We've been to the doctor twice because he was originally concerned about her weight loss, but now, she's gaining more than average! This is good news for me, since I can't really visually tell if she's getting enough to eat since I'm breastfeeding, which leads me to my health. I am actually recovering from birth very well. I'm almost back to normal from that whole escapade, besides about 7 pounds I need to lose to be back to pre pregnancy weight. (But then I want to lose about 5-10 more, just to be in really good shape!) However, breastfeeding brought on a whole new issue, mastitis, which, if you didn't know, is an infection of the breasts. Yes, no fun. I had a 103.6 fever, chills, aches, etc., and now I have to take an antibiotic four times a day! I am starting to feel better though. Fever is gone, but I'm still a little sluggish! This is all for now. Promise I'll try and update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment